artwork by /u/motivatinggiraffe aka Penny Redshaw
Some days I need to remind myself not to give in to my emotions.
Today I won’t be angry. Today I won’t snap. Today I won’t cry. Today I won’t shirk. Today I will be productive and not let anxiety destroy my work ethic or my relationships. Today I will let bygones be bygones, and eventually bygones will actually be bygones and I’ll have let them go with practice.
Usually, if I’m emotionally drained, this is all easier, weirdly enough. And I’m a little drained, not going to lie. I haven’t really been given a rest yet.
Or if I can pour a little of it out, I can deal with all of it easier. It doesn’t threaten to tip over.
To accomplish that, I’m going to make a list of things I get to do if I do what I need to do.
- Find an interesting article and write about it
- Write a poem
- Work on a composition
- Play videogames
- Catch up on Youtube videos
- Play The Sims/maybe download Sims 4
- Go to the library and check out books
- Fiddle with my phone
if I first:
- Finish my schoolwork
- Consumer Behavior, then Marketing Consulting, then International Business, then Politics and Literature
- Finish polishing my resume and apply to the places I wanted to apply to
- E-mail a company about a misunderstanding
Okay. I can do this.